Who could have seen the Yakima Reds going up to Canada and sweeping Abottsford and Vancouver, especially after the Reds lost 2-0 at home to Cascade the week before? Yet it has happened, and with a 2-0 win in Abbey and a 1-0 win at Vancouver the Reds are right back in the thick of the race to win the PDL Northwest title.
Tacoma Tide FC are holding steady, losing 5-1 on June 28th up in Vancouver, before winning the very next afternoon over Abottsford by the same 5-1 score line.
Tacoma native (Bellarmine Prep) and Cal Poly midfielder Daniel Gray was the star for TFC in their big win at Abbey. Gray scored two goals and assisted on another for Tacoma. Gray is a recent addition to the TFC roster.
Tacoma now have 9 wins and 28 points to lead the division. Yakima and Vancouver have matches in hand that could see them catch (Yakima) or pass (Vancouver) TFC if they can win them.
- Tacoma Tide (28 points after 14 matches) 9-4-1
- Yakima Reds (25 points after 13 matches) 8-4-1
- Vancouver Whitecaps (22 points after 10 matches) 7-2-1
- BYU Cougars (17 points after 11 matches) 5-4-2
- Abottsford Mariners (13 points after 10 matches) 4-5-1
- Ogden Outlaws (11 points after 11 matches) 3-6-2
- Cascade Surge (11 points after 12 matches) 2-5-5
- Spokane Spiders (7 points after 13 matches) 2-10-1